This page has all of the information you need for your race. Please read through this page carefully.
Write down your wave and departure time on your hand before you leave your house. Easy.
1. COLLECT RACE SHIRTS Collect your team race shirts first. These will be located next to the start line. The shirts are sorted alphabetically based on the surname (last name) of the child in your team.
2. COLLECT YOUR TEAM TRANSPONDERS After you have collected your shirts, collect your team transponders - these will be right next to the shirts. Your team transponders will be in your wave. So, if you are going in wave 12 - your team transponders will be in the wave 12 container. Your transponder will have your name on it. Do not collect anyone else’s transponder.
3. NIPPERS Collect your nippers shirts - these will be located next to the start line. The shirts are sorted alphabetically based on the surname (last name) of the child. There are no transponders for nippers.
4. HYDRATION Course distances for this year have been set at around 2.5 km to 3 km. Please factor hydration into your teams preparation. Teams must be self-sufficient with their own fluid. There are no water stations on the course. Don't forget to have a picnic basket with ice-cold refreshments at the finish line!
5. CHANGING WAVES If you find that your teams have been placed in different waves and you would like to go with another team GO IN THE LATER OF THE TWO WAVES. DO NOT GO EARLY.
6. COMPULSORY CHALLENGES Here is a quick note on the compulsory challenges for your event. We would like to stress that these challenges do not have a testing element. Please see the compulsory challenges page on the website.
WHAT TO BRING:
A pencil or pen (Teams that forget to could face delays on challenges tracking down a spare pen. So, pack the pen first!)
Comfortable athletic clothing - like shorts, running shoes and a hat
Water bottle (We have a refill station at the start/finish area)
Raincoat – if it rains, we race and get wet
Picnic for team and family supporters for after XRACE
Your own medication if required
WHAT TO WEAR:
You can pick up your shirts on race day. We want everyone to wear their shirts during the competition. You must also wear the provided timing chip (refer below).
XRACE challenges may involve getting wet, mud and physical exertion, so we recommend you dress appropriately in old clothes and covered toe shoes.
Do not race with electronic devices including keys. These may get wet.
TIMING TAGS (TRANSPONDERS)
Your transponders will be available for pick up on race day. It looks like a small credit card with four holes punched in it.
Both parent and child must wear their own individual transponder. It mustbe worn on the shoe and nowhere else. Failure to correctly wear your transponder will result in your team not being recorded a time.
There will be cable ties available at the transponder pick up table to fasten them to shoes without laces if needed.
SHOES ON AT THE FINISH This is critical. Shoes must be on as you cross the finish line otherwise your team's time crossing the finish line may not be recorded.
Compulsory challenges are challenges that we tell you about ahead of your race. This allows teams to learn new skills and have fun together prior to your race day.
WE LOVE OUR PLANET
At the finish line, we will have large water containers for you to refill your drink bottles. But, unlike other events we do not provide paper cups. We aim to set the event standard in reducing our event waste footprint.
There are no rubbish bins onsite. Please take all waste away and dispose with consideration – thanks for this! (TIP: use your race pack bag as a rubbish bag).
We are holding a sale of merchandise on race day PRIOR to the event starting at Late Registration. Please note, we will not have any card facilities, cash only.