XRACE disruption cover insurance is designed to provide peace of mind for families registering for any of the XRACE events held throughout the country.
XRACE disruption insurance terms and conditions. By selecting the disruption insurance option during the registration process, you team registrations will be considered covered by this insurance in the event of the organisers deeming it necessary to postpone, reschedule or cancel the event due to circumstances listed below.
This insurance also offers limited cover for withdrawal from the event for personal reasons.
What is considered a disruption? For the purposes of this policy, a disruption is considered to be where the published XRACE event is forced to be either;
• Postponed or reschedule to a time otherwise advertised. • Cancelled outright.
The reasons for postponement or cancellation by the organisers could be for any reason listed here but not limited to:
• Acts of God. • Terrorism. • Pandemic. • Covid. • Lockdowns. • Adverse weather conditions. • Government or Council rescinding permitted outdoor activities.
Abandonment of prize-giving. The event organisers have historically chosen to abandon prize-giving where adverse weather conditions consider the event to be unsuitable for a prize-giving ceremony.
If the event goes ahead as scheduled and only the prize-giving abandoned, this prize-giving abandonment will not activate an insurance claim.
What was policy covers.
In the event of a cancellation:
• In the event of outright cancellation of the event, families that have selected the disruption insurance will be eligible for a full refund of registration fees paid.
In the event of a postponementor rescheduling.
• Families will have the option of not activating their disruption insurance and choosing to participate in the postponed XRACE event.
• In the event of postponement or rescheduling of the event, families that have selected the disruption insurance will be eligible for a full refund of registration fees paid.
In the event of a change of mind.
A change of mind is when, after registering for any event - you choose to change your mind and decide to not physically participate.
If you register for any event and have a change of mind due to scheduling clashes, family illness or any other reason, you must notify us by email at least seven clear days prior to this event. This email will activate the policy. You will entitles to a:
• Complimentary transfer to next year for all teams at no charge.
If you contact us within seven days of the event date claiming a change of mind, the change of mind condition lapses however you will be able to collect your shirts on race day or have a friend collect your race pack.
What this policy does not cover.
This policy does not cover:
• Catching Covid, or family members catching Covid. • Family members self-isolating due to Covid. • Personal property damage or loss.
You must purchase disruption insurance at time of registration and cannot retrospectively purchase the insurance at a later date. Any claim against this policy is limited to the value of the registration fees at time of purchasing tickets.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …